To ensure quality in results, it is imperative that targets are formulated and set in an S.M.A.R.T. way!
- Is the objective clear and precise?
- Do you know how to measure it? Is it possible to see clearly whether the objective is achieved?
- Do you really know what kind of an action is expected from you?
- Do you think that your target is challenging enough but also achievable?
- Have clear timeframes for the achievement of the target been set?
Capabilities that you may like to advance?
- Healthcare Operations or whichever industry you perform at
- Industry Knowledge (Healthcare Regulations or any applicable industry norms)
- Product Knowledge
- Communication Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Understanding Contracts (Internal and/or External)
- Software Tools
- Quality Process (Order Fulfillment, Project Management Methodology)
- Product Functionality
- Difficult Communications
While Building your development plan
- Stay realistic
- Keep it simple.
- Measure outcomes, not process
- Fail to be flexible when flexibility makes better business sense.
- Try to do too much, too fast.
- Neglect your individual development plan; instead layer in emphasis on on-the-job developmental experiences, such as rotations and stretch assignments, as opposed to” off-the-job” formal training programs.