Definition of Black Hat SEO: Black hat SEO are tactics and techniques to increases a page’s rank in search engines through means that violate the terms of search engines. The term “black hat” is commonly used to describe computer hackers, virus creators, and those who perform unethical actions with computers and over internet.
What Is Black Hat SEO?
Black Hat SEO is the usage of disapproved practices and unethical tactics that increases a page’s ranking in a search engine result page (SERP). These practices are against the terms of the search engines and can result in the site being banned from the search engine and affiliate sites.
One can find out whether he is practicing Black Hat SEO by asking himself a simple question – “Is the work that I’m doing, adding any value to the visitors and users of the website or am I just doing this for search engines to see?” If no value is added to your users, but rankings are likely to increase, then you are most probably using black hat techniques.
Black Hat SEO Tactics
- Content Automation
- Doorway Pages
- Hidden Text and Links
- Keyword Stuffing
- Reporting a Competitor
- Sneaky Redirects
Black Hat SEO Techniques
- Link Manipulation – Buying links, advertorials and link schemes
- Article Spinning
- Link Schemes
- Link Farms
- Link Wheels
- Link Networks
- Rich Snippet Markup Spam
- Automated Queries to Google
- Creating pages, subdomains, or domains with duplicate contents
- Pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing, viruses, trojans, and other malware.
Why and How To Report Black Hat SEO
There are two reasons why you may report a black hat SEO.
- Either your website has been attacked by a malicious hack, virus or negative seo campaign of spammy links, or
- You see a spammy web result on a competitive keyword your website is ranking on. For this you can file a webspam report through Google Webmaster Tools.
- If your website has been attacked through a malicious hack, virus, or malware, request for a malware review after you’ve removed the malicious code.
- If your website is the target of a negative seo campaign of spammy links, please use the Disavow Links Tool in Google Webmaster Tools after you’ve tried to contact webmasters that are pointing these malicious links to your website to get them removed.
Why Are Black Hat SEO Practices Important To You?
The very reason that Black Hat tactics can get your website banned from Google and other search engines makes it important for you to know about them.
Though there may be some short term success through increased traffic to your site, that success may be short-lived. With hundreds of millions of users searching on Google every day, you really can’t afford to be de-indexed.
Are Black Hat SEO Techniques For You?
It depends on whether you are trying to build a long-lasting business or a short term business.
If you are building a long lasting business, you should probably avoid Black Hat SEO and look for alternative means of improving your search engine rankings.